Samsung, Samsung LN19A450Samsung, Samsung LN19A450, Samsung LN19A450 19-Inch, Samsung LCD HDTV, Samsung LN19A450 19-Inch 720p LCD HDTV.

I've had this TV on my desk to the right of my computer monitor for about three weeks, and have been extremely pleased with it. It replaced an Avermedia TVBox 9 that I had hooked up to a 17" LCD monitor. The difference in picture quality, even on standard non-HD content, is remarkable. Contrast and color are great, and required little if any adjustment out of the box. And none of the backlight issues I've read about with some of the earlier 19" Samsung models.

As for HD content, I find myself watching movies on AMC in HD that I've seen 19 times before ... simply because of the radically sharper view on this TV. As another reviewer mentioned, at about a 3 to 5 foot viewing distance, it's hard to beat the picture.

My only complaint is that the sound is a bit thin in tonality. Adjusting the sound equalizer to boost the bass and midrange helps considerably, but this is one area the unit could stand some improvement (we also have the 26 inch Samsung, and the down firing speakers are a bit weak in it as well). On the other hand, much of my TV listening is done via the Sennheiser IS 410 wireless headphones, and the sound it gets out of the audio-out plugs (RCA type) on the back is full range with no loss of tonality. It's strictly the speakers.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the unit and would highly recommend it for a location like a kitchen, office, or dorm room.



0 comments

Original design by Blogging Secret | Blogger Templates | Ads Theme Blogger Template

Jump to TOP